Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The First Step in Developing Your Social Media Marketing Plan What is your GOAL?

So, you get behind the wheel to go to the latest greatest social media conference in town! How are you going to get there? Don’t you have to know where you’re headed? Do you put an address into the GPS or are you a genius who has an incredible memory for landmarks? Even if it’s somewhere close by, you have to have a clue about where your destination is.

How can you set up a plan, or your step by step directions, if you don’t start with a clear goal in mind?

Some examples of social media goals are:
I want to build better relationships.
I want to increase website traffic.
I want to build your base.
I want to inspire people to action.
I want to create more loyal customers.

Now go a step further and quantify your goal, so you can know if you meet your mark:
I want to build 50 new relationships within a month.
I want to increase my website traffic by 50 direct hits per week.
I want to build my customer base by converting 10 customers per week via click throughs.
Yada, yada, you get the point.

Being able to know exactly where you’re going and how you will measure the success of your efforts is critical. But, let’s start at ONE. You will see a greater impact for your efforts if not only do you understand what you are trying to do, but your audience does, too!

Posted via web from vickie_smith's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment