Tuesday, July 28, 2009

linkedin1.jpg (JPEG Image, 218x257 pixels)

Today was my first conference call presentation, in which I shared tips on how to use LinkedIn for your job search, and really tap into social media. It rocked! I really enjoyed the questions the job search team asked and I was interested to hear what they had to say. For example, one woman was calling in on her lunch break, so did not have access to the slides. That meant it definitely had to be an off-the-cuff presentation, not following along with bullet points. I made sure the presentation was like a cheat sheet, so that everyone could apply all the tips, especially the slide on researching companies. When someone asked if IBM was on LinkedIn, I knew this was a very valuable addition to the presentation for the call. And then breaking it down further to see just who you know at the company was more revealing. That could make all the difference - I could tell it was enlightening for some, and I was really happy to empower them.

Including Guy Kawasaki’s Extreme Profile Makeover I think was the icing on the cake. I look forward to sharing more tips, while on my own job search for a spot in social media (wouldn’t that be perfect??)

Won’t YOU check out the presentation? Let me know what you think!

Posted via web from vickie_smith's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment